Friday, March 30, 2007

On my mind tonight...

Is it possible for a couple to move beyond the traditional boundaries defined for them and not get hurt?

Tim and I are remarkably on the same page for a couple that has only been together a year and a half. We are not married. While we have been living together, we do not anymore. I am more of a realist in my relationships. I don't believe in soul mates. I know that I am madly in love with my partner and that we work great together. But I also know that things can change at any given point in time. If it sounds like I have trust issues, I don't. I probably am a little insecure right now considering where Tim and I are, physically, emotionally, and mentally. And all those feelings combined with our actions bring me to this: Are we insane to think that we can invite another couple into our lives and that none of this is going to change us? It will change us. It will change all of us. And yet, we are moving forward and enjoying it tremendously. We have spent the better part of last year thinking about how we could get to where we are now, and then it just happened. Perfectly. I have a HUGE crush on another couple. That is a weird feeling for me. Am I supposed to feel this way? I know Tim feels the same way. Is he supposed to feel this way? We talk about it. We talk about all of this. And I guess that is why I feel comfortable with the situation. We can communicate with each other without fear of rejection or judgement. I just hope that we are not being naive...

2 comments:

AngelHawk said...

good luck to you both- it takes real ppl to admit that altho they are mad about each other sometimes things can't be put into a certain "box" and labled- I will be checking in ((HUGS)) xxxooo~PINK

Unknown said...

Thank you so much. We'll see how it goes....